Estimator - Millwork Division
The role of the Millwork Estimator is to determine approximate cost of Woodward Millwork Group opportunities while maintaining excellent, productive relationships with subcontractors.
Reports to the Millwork Division Manager.
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from vendors
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline – no exceptions.
- Enters all relevant information into bid estimate
- Assemble post bid binder and turnover binder as required.
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up question on every bid
CRITICAL NEEDS OF THE POSTION:
- Have the internal motivation to do whatever it takes to ensure his/her work is completed accurately and by the deadline.
- Have the desire to be remain productive throughout the work day and work with the team to ensure the millwork group is highly efficient.
- Project a professional image with respect to appearance and communication and create a positive impression with all those contacted on behalf of Woodward.
- Practice the Woodward Way and the Woodward Core Values of Reliability, Courage, Teamwork, Determination, and Humility while teaching others to do the same.
- Work collaboratively with the entire Woodward team to help achieve our corporate and team goals.
- Be open and listen to the ideas of other individuals.
COMPUTER SKILLS NEEDED:
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED:
Be familiar with blue print reading, estimating, material cost pricing, construction techniques, and cost accounting and people skills.