Structural Engineer in Training
Under the supervision of a Woodward Engineering Group (WEG) Professional Engineer, the Engineer in Training will design and analyze new and existing structures and conduct construction administration. The focus of this role is primarily on structural engineering, with a minor focus on civil/site engineering. Additional responsibilities may arise as needed.
Engineer In Training (EIT) reports directly to the WEG Division Manager.
- Embrace and exhibit to the Core Values of Woodward Design+Build:
- Design structures to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members and perform structural analysis of plans and structures.
- Determine feasibility of designing new structures or modifying existing structures considering costs, available space, time limitations, sustainability considerations, and other technical and economic factors.
- Edit, review, and check specifications and ensure that plans and specifications agree
- Draft/model engineering work and be able to produce plans that conform to WEG’s standards and protocols.
- Search and recall soil reports and pile load tests using MS Streets and Trips and existing WEG databases.
- Maintain an orderly and organized set of calculations, notes, meeting minutes, and other information required for typical job.
- Preform construction administration activities including submittal/shop drawing review and response to RFI.
- Perform site visits to review existing and new construction without any special assistance.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Be able to drive to jobsites as required.
- Other responsibilities may arise on an as-needed basis.
COMPUTER SKILLS NEEDED:
Basic knowledge of computer operations and the following applications:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- MS Streets and Trips*
- Revit based products*
- RISA Products*
* Indicates that WEG will assist in training on these programs
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited University in the USA
- Master of Science Degree strongly encouraged
- Must have passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE exam).