Woodward Design+Build provides commercial construction, architectural, and engineering services to clients in Louisiana, Mississippi, and the Gulf Coast region. Clients choose Woodward Design+Build--and return with new projects--for our unmatched combination of capacity, performance, and commitment. We push the boundaries with virtual design and construction, and our preconstruction services take projects to new levels of innovation and efficiency. That's the Woodward advantage.
SUMMARY OF GOALS:
The goal of the Project Manager to ensure excellent, timely, and cost-effective execution of each Woodward project under his/her direction. The Project Manager must also provide consistent and reliable communication both internally and externally throughout the duration of the project.
Woodward Design+Build recognizes that each project is unique, and as such, builds its teams according to the needs of the project at hand. The Project Manager may report to the Vice President/Business Unit Leader or to a Project Executive. Frequently accountable to the Project Manager are the following positions: Assistant Project Manager, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer, Field Office Manager, and Project Manager Assistant.
The Project Manager is responsible for the execution of the project assigned to him/her. Activities related to the excellent, timely, and cost-effective completion of a project may include but are not limited to the following list of duties:
- Develop and train personnel assigned to Project Manager.
- Ensure all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Interface with Estimating when applicable to assure that all preconstruction information is fully understood before proceeding with the work.
- Read and understand the Owner contract.
- Initiate pertinent permits, contract insurance, bond and WDB information needs.
- Assure recordation of contract (or letter of intent), substantial (or final) completion certificate, and lien and privilege certificate.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with Owners, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc.
- Create, or be responsible for, a detailed construction schedule.
- Review and monitor all construction phase documents for conformance with the budget and schedule. Create and maintain pertinent project manager logs.
- Review and analyze (scope-out) subcontractor bid results with the Estimating Department.
- Negotiate, award and prepare Subcontracts, Contract Purchase Orders, Change Orders and Change Order Requests. Work with Vice Presidents/ Project Executives to determine who executes subcontracts.
- Negotiate, prepare and monitor all Owner/Architect RFI’s (Request for Information), Change Order Request, Change Orders and Claims (if necessary).
- Ensure preparation and implementation of project Cost Codes.
- Review the Subcontract Pre-billing Worksheet, Pay Estimate Breakdown and Monthly Progress Payment Request and Monitor payment receipts and disbursements.
- Control all Work Orders and Work Requisitions.
- Prepare monthly Project Forecasts and Profit Cost Reports.
- Prepare monthly Owner invoicing. Record it in accounting.
- Monitor subcontract status report and effect timely execution of documents.
- Monitor and control back charges to subcontractors, including timely notification and adjustments to contracts.
- Monitor and control all WDB design cost overruns and notify responsible party.
- Monitor and control all estimating cost overruns and notify responsible party.
- Enforce project close-out efforts.
- Conduct weekly on-site job meetings with documented meeting minutes.
- Support superintendent efforts and field coordination.
- Keep supervisor aware of potential and new problems.
- Monitor and enforce WDB’s Safety Program.
- Manage the Water & Moisture Intrusion Prevention Guidelines. Work with the Superintendent to assure there are no building envelope issues.
- Implement and Monitor the SWPPP plan as required.
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the following applications: Lotus123 or MS Excel, Constructware web based project management software, MS Word, Primavera’s SureTrak Scheduler or P6, and MS Outlook E-mail system.