The primary responsibility of the Millwork Drafter/Detailer is to use shop drawings to produce detailed production drawings with Cabinet Vision software which are then sent to the CNC machine for production. The Millwork Drafter/Detailer reviews detailed production drawings with the Millwork Shop Foreman and communicates with Millwork Fabricators and Millwork Field Foremen as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with the Project Manager and Estimator once a job is awarded.
- Work with the Project Manager to compile a list of RFIs, concerns, etc. to be sent to the contractor.
- Develop dray tickets through Cabinet Vision, including copies of the production drawing package for shipping.
- Conduct material takeoffs and provide a copy to the PM.
- Update material takeoffs based on feedback.
- Coordinate with the Shop Foreman on any production techniques outside our typical fabrication process in order to reduce labor and material waste.
The Millwork Drafter/Detailer reports to the Millwork Fabrication Manager.
Software/Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of computer operations including the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, familiarity with AutoCad, and proficiency with Cabinet Vision.
- Familiarity with architectural blue prints, material types, and construction techniques.
Critical Needs of the Position:
- Have the internal motivation to work safely in completing projects on a timely manner.
- Have people skills. Being able to communicate well with Shop Foreman and co-workers.
- Have the desire to be productive during the work day and help prevent wasted time.
- Have a professional personal projection, that is, appearance, voice, and communication skills that creates a suitable impression on those in contact with.
- Practice the Woodward Philosophy to benefit relationships and corporate goals. Teach others to do the same using this to be a guide.
- Be open to and listen to ideas of others, and as a group.
- Be able solve problems on site by coming up with a solution.
- To understand and follow all safety rules and regulations.