Millwork Division - Project Manager
Coordinate job priorities with Division Manager, Shop Foreman, Purchasing Manager, Draftsman, and Estimator.
- Search Dodge Reports and evaluate bid invitations for job prospects.
- Research needed information such as plastic laminate colors, wood species, cabinet hardware etc.
- Address and solve any shop employee problems.
- Review estimates from Estimator.
- Produce and sent RFI’s as needed.
- Keep track of added millwork jobs
- Keep updated submittal/transmittal lob of job data.
- Keep updated estimating log of jobs bid.
- Program project cut sheets to CNC machine.
CRITICAL NEEDS OF THE POSITION:
- Ability to think, solve problems, create new ideas, make improvements, manage multiple issues and task at one time.
- Maintain high integrity and ethics and expect the same of subordinates. Perform with the honestly, reliability, dependability and loyalty.
- Be decisive and make decisions based on sound logic.
- Be demanding but not over forceful to the point of alienation.
- Have the internal motivation to sustain long productive work days and weekends when required.
- Have the desire to be productive during the work day and help prevent wasted time.
- Have the maturity of a manger that allows the person to see both sides of issues and act on the best one for the company.
- Have economic values and find ways to reach maximum profitability.
- Have a professional personal projection, that is, appearance, voice and communication skills that creates a suitable impression on those in contact with.
- Practice the Woodward Philosophy to benefit relationships and corporate goals while teaching others to do the same using the Philosophy as a guide.
- Be open to and listen to ideas of others and as a group. Incorporate the best thoughts into plans of action.
COMPUTER SKILLS NEEDED:
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AutoCad, and AlphaCam.
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED:
Familiarity with blueprint reading, estimating, pricing, negotiating, design, construction techniques, and cost accounting and people skills. Furthermore, have experience in Management.